PRACE publishes its Calls for Proposals for Project Access twice per year according to a fixed schedule:
- Call opens in February > Access is provided starting September of the same year;
- Call opens in September > Access is provided starting March of the next year;
The 10th Call for proposals for PRACE Project Access (Tier-0) is open from 10 September 2014, 12:00 (noon) CEST, until 22 October 2014, 12.00 (noon) CEST.
This Call for Proposals targets large-scale, computationally intensive projects that would not be possible or productive without access to PRACE resources.
Applications for Project Access must use codes that have been previously tested and that demonstrate high scalability and optimisation to multi-core architectures or that demonstrate a requirement for ensemble simulations that need a very large amount of CPU overall.
The systems available for Project Access are:
- “Curie”, Bull Bullx cluster (GENCI@CEA, France)
- “Fermi”, IBM Blue Gene/Q (CINECA, Italy)
- “Hornet” – Cray XC30 (GCS@HLRS, Germany)
- “MareNostrum”,IBM System X iDataplex (BSC, Spain)
- “SuperMUC”,IBM System X iDataplex (GCS@LRZ, Germany)
More information: http://www.prace-ri.eu/prace-project-access/