VI-HPS and the French PRACE Advanced Training Centre (PATC) are organizing the 18th VI-HPS Tuning Workshop, the latest in a series of workshops given by tools developers for application developers. The Virtual Institute - High Productivity Supercomputing (VI-HPS) is an initiative to promote the development, integration and use of HPC tools: see http://www.vi-hps.org
Participants are invited to bring their own application codes to the workshop to analyze and tune their performance with the help of experts.
The workshop will:
- Give an overview of the VI-HPS programming tools suite;
- Explain the functionality and effective usage of individual tools;
- Offer hands-on experience and expert assistance using the tools.
The workshop will be held in English and run from 09:00 to not later than 18:00 each day, with breaks for lunch and refreshments.
There is no fee for participation at this PATC training event, however, participants are responsible for their own travel and accommodation.
Presentations and hands-on sessions are planned on the following topics:
- MAQAO performance analysis and optimization;
- Score-P instrumentation and measurement;
- Scalasca automated trace analysis;
- Vampir interactive trace analysis;
- TAU performance system.
Full programme at http://www.vi-hps.org/training/tws/tw18.html
Classroom capacity is limited, therefore priority will be given to applicants bringing parallel application codes to work on.
Participants are therefore encouraged to prepare their own MPI, OpenMP and hybrid OpenMP+MPI parallel application codes for analysis.